4.5.10

guess who is 1.5 today?

A very, very happy half birthday shout out to my Lei Lei!

I can't believe you are now 1.5 * 18 months today!

At 18 months, you can count to 10 (when you want), identify practically all of your body parts, mimic animal sounds and identify them in books, say please and thank you, kiss with your mouth closed (makes for less slobbery kisses), ask for hugs (which is my favorite) and remember people like Ga-Ga, Papa, Matt, Lissa, Nana, NuNu, DeeDee, Juan, Indra...even Randy (our next door neighbor) and a guy named Dave who did some drywall at our house months ago.

A Tolee for each hand!

You are passionate about Dora, Kai-Lan,Yo Gabba Gabba and dancing! You can stack blocks in towers bigger than yourself and knock them down when they do not live up to your standards (maybe that is a little of Mommy's OCD that you inherited? Sorry about that). You can run really fast with no fear. You wave at the birdies and at the kids getting off of the bus on our street. You say 'HI' to everyone you meet (takes Mommy twice as long to do any kind of shopping because of the attention you attract in the store - we talk to everyone!). You LOVE going outside and chasing and blowing bubbles. You can catch when Daddy throws you a ball and you surprisingly have a good throw, for such a little girl. I know Daddy wants to buy you a tee and baseball bat already.

I'll admit, at the same time that I love seeing you discover new things and surpass your milestones, My heart feels just a little bit sad about the pace. Oh, will you please stop growing precious, little Leighton? I am asking in my sweetest Mommy voice...

No comments:

Post a Comment